There are many kinds of Japanese dishes that my family loves eating. My family loves Japanese food especially my wife because they are known to be low in fat. These are just some delicious Japanese dishes that we enjoy preparing and eating. These recipes can easily be prepared even if you are in a tight schedule. These recipes are low in fat and are very nutritious. Please try and enjoy these tasty meals.
Chawanmushi is a Japanese egg-custard dish and is usually eaten as an appetizer. My wife and kids love chawanmushi served with rice.
Recipe for Chawanmushi (for two)
– Four eggs
– Four pickled plum
– Four shrimps
– dashi (miso, flavoring broth or bullion)
– Four mushrooms
– A pinch of salt
– A little amount of soy sauce
– Prepare shrimp
– Slice the mushroom
– Add everything inside a bowl
– Add the egg last
– Put the cup into a steam cooker for 10 to 12 minutes.
Best served with white rice.
Another delicious recipe that is very easy to prepare is Cheese Potato. You too can make this delicious Japanese dish in less than six minutes with this simple recipe.
Recipe for Japanese Cheese Potato (for two)
– Two medium size potatoes
– One slice of ham to small strips
– Two tablespoons of corn
– Salt and pepper to taste
– One tablespoon of mayonnaise
– Grated cheese
– Peel the potatoes
– Put the potatoes on a small plate and cover it with “Saran Wrap” (transparent plastic food wrap) and heat in microwave for four to five minutes.
– Crush the top of the potatoes a bit but do not over do it.
– Gently apply mayonnaise on top of the potatoes
– Evenly add the strips of ham on top of the potatoes.
– Evenly add the corn on top of the ham.
– Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
– Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and add a dot of catsup in the middle.
Garlic Rice Ball. This is another popular Japanese rice recipe that is easy to prepare. This delicious rice dish can be prepared in just under a few minutes.
Garlic Rice Balls (for two)
– Cooked white rice
– Small amount of soy sauce
– Small amount of butter
– Small amount of garlic
– Small amount of basil
– Small amount of black pepper
– Small amount of mayonnaise
– First, make two rice balls about 3 centimeters in diameter.
– Heat a frying pan and add a small amount of butter.
– Flatten the rice ball a bit by compressing it with your hands and fry both sides until it turns brown in color.
– When the rice ball turns brown in color, gently apply soy sauce using a cooking brush.
– Remove rice balls from the frying pan and transfer it to a plate.
– Apply mayonnaise just like a chess board on the rice balls.
– Sprinkle a small amount of black pepper.
– Sprinkle some basil on top of the rice ball and you are done.
Looking for more delicious, easy to prepare Japanese dishes Japanese rice recipe