Happy and healthy pets are light of a family. When they are free from diseases or bothering fleas, they look so adorable running excitingly around the house in a playful mood. But pests like fleas and ticks can interrupt these happy times, for them and for you as well.
Controlling pest infestation becomes more challenging when you have pets around. Pets are an additional medium of transportation for itchy and disease-causing fleas and ticks. Your pets are more prone to these pests if they are your frequent travel companion. Ticks can lead to Lyme disease and rocky mountain spotted fever which can be enervating for you and your pets.
Fleas have a bad reputation to spread bacterial diseases and are known to create an allergic reaction in many animals. The pets feel all itchy, covered in red spots and can lose their hair.
Here are a few tips to keep your pets free from pests:
- Under a supervision of your vet, determine the safe cleaning products based on the breed, habits, and lifestyle of your pets.
- Make a habit to carefully check your dog or cat for fleas or ticks whenever they come in from outdoors. Wipe them with a white towel to get hold of any newly clanged tick or flea.
- Apart from ticks and flies, there are roaches and wildlife that gets attracted to the pets’ food. Do not let the half-eaten food stay in pet’s containers for too long.
- Keep your yard tidy, avoid the clutter by picking up after your pets and kids, and do not to leave any food, drinks, or uncontained trash outdoors.
- Your pet’s belongings like toys, bed, collar, etc. must be kept clean from moisture, dust and dried food strains.
- Regular bathing is the most important thing to avoid diseases and keeping everyone comfortable.
Sometimes, instead of keep clinging on your pets, these pests leave them to roam around on your floor, climb your furniture and may dive into your food bowl. These pests breed and reproduce at a hefty speed. This rate is so prominent that you won’t even know and suddenly they can be seen at every corner of your house. It is not feasible to personally kill each of these tiny creatures.
In case of a heavy infestation of ticks, fleas, and rodents in your premises, it is a wise decision to call for Rochester pest control services, who have years of experience in eradicating such chaotic situations. They know the exact measures and can directly target the root cause of the problem.
Though summer season invites more variety of pests like mosquitoes, wasps, flies, etc. winter season is no exception either. To make sure your home is safeguarded against pests of every weather and climatic change, it is necessary to hire a team of professionals who can provide regular inspection and a year-round pest control services.
Small pests invasion is a scary and very unhygienic situation, especially if you have babies who love to crawl down on the floor. Awareness about the problematic situation is a key to happy family and pets. They will love you for this.